Paper isn’t just paper. It conveys necessities that were important or relevant enough to put into print. Things worth remembering.
Rummage around in your wallet, or your handbag if you want more variety. What pieces of paper have you kept? Folded or crumped.. a picture, a ticket stub, a receipt, a movie ticket, an IOU, a little quote.
- Find somewhere comfortable to sit.
- Set the piece of paper down in front of you.
- Begin drawing. Don’t sensor your drawing skills. If you make quick sketches do that. If you like line drawings do that. This is more about opening a tap into your intuitive self than creating a masterpiece. If you want to write the words do, If you want to represent them with scribbles, do that.
Now while you draw your papery find let these questions loosen your insights:
- What significance does this hold for you? Why is it still in your wallet?
- Did you keep it intentionally or do you never throw things away, saying you’ll do it later…
- Is the reason you kept it still serving you? Or is it time to re-evaluate and declutter, spend less? Maybe its symbolic of another area you can be more environmentally thoughtful?
At the end of today, if you feel inspired to you can share your drawing insights in the comments. I’d love to share and support you in your journey.
Happy reflection and drawing insight. Know that you doing this challenge with me, inspires me too.
PS: I know this is a weird one, but stick with it, even just finding something in this category you want to draw will lift up importance for you. xx