Plants have a quiet way of being, of sharing secrets of life and we so seldom listen.
Find a piece of foliage to draw insight from. It can be a sprig from your favourite house plant, a branch in a tree outside or even a leaf from a bouquet or herb box. If you have no greenery in or near your home, search ‘foliage or plants’ and draw the one you’re drawn to.
- Find somewhere comfortable to sit.
- Set the foliage down in front of you.
- Begin drawing. Don’t sensor your drawing skills. If you make quick sketches do that. If you like line drawings do that. This is more about opening a tap into your intuitive self than creating a masterpiece.
Now while you draw your foliage, let these questions loosen your insights:
- What do these particular shades of green make you feel?
- Does the plant grow in a certain way that reminds you of something else?
- How does the plant feel in your hands and what are you feeling in your heart? Is there resonance?
At the end of today, if you feel inspired to you can share your drawing insights in the comments. I’d love to share and support you in your journey.
Happy creative isolation, you lovely light you!