Spices are the memory centre, the photo album of your kitchen. They can transport far and wide beyond the bounds of your confined space. Today let’s travel through our olfactory senses using the beautiful transport of spices.
Pick a bottle that holds some charm for you, a cinnamon stick, a star anise or just a box with a certain appeal.
- Find somewhere comfortable to sit.
- Draw in the scent and then do a sketch of the spice you’ve chosen.
- Don’t be overly critical of your art, just enjoy the release in creativity. Every time you get stuck, take a deep whiff of the spice in front of you.
Now while you draw your spice, give this some thought.
- What does it make you think of? A recipe, a person.
- Where does it take you? Maybe even where does it ache you? How does it break you open?
At the end of today, if you feel inspired to you can share your drawing and drawing insights in the comments. I’d love to share and support you in your journey.