It’s a strangely overlooked album of wonderful things – the fridge. We stick all sorts of things to it. And we go to it multiple times a day where we are reminded of your intentional or unintentional ‘pin-ups’ and magnet memories.
So today let’s consider the things we stick on our fridge! Go grab a magnet, a postcard, a dietary reminder and child’s drawing, a family holiday photo magnet.
- Find somewhere comfortable to sit.
- Begin drawing your fridge magnet or fridge reminder.
- Don’t be overly critical of your drawing and how strange your subject matter is. Just draw it and consider it.
While you draw this, let’s contemplate some deeper unknown insights.
- Where did you get this specific magnet or reminder?
- What does it bring to memory when you see it?
- Are you still that person who did those things and lived that way?
If you feel like you’ve outgrown that dusty reminder, maybe it’s time to remove it, give it away, or perhaps even add to it – plan a new adventure.
At the end of today, if you feel inspired to you can share your drawing and drawing insights in the comments. I’d love to share and connect with you over the many random and bizarre things we stick on our fridges and what this inadvertently shapes in our minds.