The things in our home say a lot more about us than we realise. And sometimes they even hold keys to who we once were or who we aspire to be.
What little ornament or trinket in your home is calling your attention? A little item you bought or received during travels? A carving or keepsake left to you by a family member? A talismen, some unused item that no serves a decorative purpose.
- Find somewhere comfortable to sit.
- Set the keepsake down in front of you begin to draw it.
- Don’t sensor your drawing skills. If you make quick sketches do that. If you like line drawings do that. This is more about opening a tap into your intuitive self than creating a masterpiece.
Now while you draw your keepsake ask yourself these things:
- What does this little ornament remind you of?
- How do you feel when you see it?
- Where in your home do you keep it and why?
At the end of today, if you feel inspired to you can share your word and drawing insights in the comments. I’d love to share and support you in your journey.
If you post your drawing to social media, use the tag #mininaturedrawingchallenge so I can share in your creative process.