Today’s one is best for an evening drawing session. A flickering flame doesn’t just provide light. It also has a way of holding your attention, bringing you a moment of focus or clarity. And candles in general just seem to soften our hearts.
Got a favourite candle? Now it’s time to shine. It can be a pillar candle, or a dinner candle in an ornate holder or even just a simple straight candle stuck in a wine bottle.
- Find somewhere comfortable to sit.
- Set the candle down in front of you and light it. Let the flame burn while you draw the candle.
- Don’t sensor your drawing skills. If you make quick sketches do that. If you like line drawings do that. This is more about opening a tap into your intuitive self than creating a masterpiece.
Now while you draw your candle let these questions rise up inside you:
- How does the light change the space around you?
- Is it making you feel calm, soothed or reflective? What sounds is it making? How is the wax melting? Just notice.
- What would happen if you ate your dinner by candle light always even if there’s no loadshedding?
At the end of today, if you feel inspired to you can share your drawing insights in the comments. I’d love to share and support you in your journey.
Nicely done for getting to Day 5!