Fresh things don’t last long in isolation. Times when replenishing your stock isn’t as easy as popping into the shops for one or two things makes us aware of how fortunate we were. Not only in our freedom of movement but in our access to fresh vegetables and ability to support our health.
Grab a veggie from your kitchen stock, even if you only have onion or garlic left, and get ready to draw some insight.
- Find somewhere comfortable to sit.
- Set the veggie down in front of you.
- Begin drawing. Don’t sensor your drawing skills. If you make quick sketches do that. If you like line drawings do that. This is more about opening a tap into your intuitive self than creating a masterpiece. If you want to write the words do, If you want to represent them with scribbles, do that.
Now while you draw your veg let these questions bring you some awareness:
- What vegetable did you make sure to get for your first few days of isolation?
- Do you grow it? Can you grow it? Would you even know how if you had to?
- What is this food from the earth nourishing in you other than sustenance?
At the end of today, if you feel inspired to you can share your drawing insights in the comments. I’d love to share and support you in your journey.
Well done for getting this far. And if you tackled yesterday’s paper one – it was a tough one – good job for stretching yourself.
Let’s keep going. x