Metal, often thought of as the cold, hard element can bring a cooling, clean energy to your home. Yes too much metal feels austere but it is just as much a part of nature as wood. Metal invites the ice and the mountain peek and jagged canyons into your home.
For today, find something in your home made of metal. A tin cup, a teaspoon, some bells, a lock, a door knob, a paperclip, a key, a window latch, an old rusty kettle. Notice this cool element all around your home and let the metal steel your thoughts and cool your mind.
- Find somewhere comfortable to sit.
- Set the metal object down in front of you begin to draw it.
- Don’t sensor your drawing skills. If you make quick sketches do that. If you like line drawings do that. This is more about opening a tap into your intuitive self than creating a masterpiece.
Now while you draw your metal object ask yourself these things:
- Is there too much hardness in my life, or not enough?
- Can metal teach me how to bend and not break?
- Where can I build more resistance, more structure in my life and learn from the metallic nature of this item?
At the end of today, if you feel inspired to you can share your drawing and drawing insights in the comments. I’d love to share and support you in your journey.
These things that come up can be strange and seem useless or non-sensical. But allow there to be learning in everything that comes from within you.