MEET THE ARTIST AND WRITER
Hello, thanks for stopping by.
I’m Andrèa, a painter, writer and lover of nature.
miniNature is the result of a year long painting challenge I undertook in 2019 to paint one tiny painting a day for a year.
The tiny paintings I create are all ultimately about reconnecting with nature. Big things often get all the credit but to me the secrets of life and the magic of all moments, lie in the tiniest of details.
And when I really stop to look into nature, to paint her and listen, I find she frees us from needing more things and teaches us how to be content with less.
Each miniNature is a meditation.
It’s a noticing of the little things hiding all around the big things.
In their own way, they’re all about holding onto what truly matters and trying to live with less stuff and more space to be wild.
A miniNature print, original or custom commissioned painting are my way of giving you a little piece of magic or memory worth holding onto.
“I’m drawn to nature and her extreme detail and find it unlocks clarity to much bigger questions. In the end a painting of nature is worth a thousand insights.”
What will you find on miniNature?
- Overcoming the challenges of building a creative life from scratch
- Tips on creating in a nature guided lifestyle studio
- My insights & aha moments from tiny things in nature
- Inspiration on living mindfully with less
- Tutorials on how we make our tiny paintings and frames
- Our handmade miniNature artworks for sale
Who is miniNature for?
- Anyone who’s always held a hidden creative dream
- People who want to learn how to be creative but not wasteful
- Folks who believe in a slower, gentler way to build big dreams
- Hippies at heart who benefit from insights derived from nature
- Individuals wanting to live a more minimalist, tiny home type life
- People who appreciate getting and giving one of a kind gifts
It takes two…
All the tiny canvases in the miniNature studio are handmade from scratch. When the idea to create a 365 project of tiny paintings was born, my need for many more small canvases on an even smaller budget as well as an awareness of the ecological footprint of buying them off Amazon made in China, awoke the woodworking talents of my partner, Victor.
He’s since become an integral part of miniNature, making not only the individual canvases I paint on, but also, the geometric canvases and the natural wood frames for custom collaboration projects.
WANT INSPIRATION ON BUILDING YOUR CREATIVE LIFE FROM SCRATCH?
GET 4 FREE miniNature wallpapers, to keep you connected to nature, when you sign up
SIGN UP TO MY NEWSLETTER.
The 2019 365 challenge
In 2019 Andrea completed a 365 daily painting challenge. With the help of her partner making the canvases she painted 365 tiny paintings, which the artist posted daily to her Instagram channel along with insights on the life of an artist and inspiration drawn from nature.
An exhibition of the full collection is in the pipeline. (Sign up to the newsletter to find out when)
MiniNature is all about reconnecting to nature. It's about remembering that she is vast but vulnerable and that her wisdom and wellbeing lies in our hands. It's about holding onto what matters and living with less stuff and more space to be wild.